This is a DIY on how to make these adorable heart spade garlands for Christmas and the best thing is they are easy. And I'm not just saying that. It really is simple.
1) What you will need:
- A couple different colours of A4 paper or card ( any paper will work but thick paper or car will hold its shape best). I chose the colours white, red and mint to replicate a peppermint stick coz ITS CHRISTMAS. (Well its not anymore its February but this idea would work perfectly well fro valentines too.)
- A cm ruler
- Pencil or pen
- Scissors, x-acto knife or rota trim ( I forgot to take a picture of the scissors sorry but hopefully you know what scissors look like ?)
2) Measure strips that a as long as the width of the A4 paper and about 1cm wide.
3) Then cut them out. I used about half the sheet of paper for colour and my garland was around 1.7m.
4) this bits kinda hard to explain. you fold the strips in them loop the two ends together to make a heart. You then take another folded strip and slot the folded part in between the two ends of the other strip. ( The picture will probably make more sense.)
5) you then staple the folded strip and the other ends together. (Again look at the photo.)
6) keep repeating this process over an over again and you've got your chain.
I hope you enjoyed this DIY please leave a comment if you did. I had a lot of fun making the garland so I hope you will too.